Michael J. Fairchild
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
D-214, Engineering Quadrange
Princeton, NJ 08544
Research interests: fluids, geometric mechanics, feedback control, high-performance computing.
My webpage at Princeton University may be found here: princeton.edu/~mjf5.
- CFD of unsteady viscous flows
- Reduced-order models for fluids
- Panel methods for unsteady inviscid flows
- Fluid-structure interactions
- High-performance scientific computing with C/C++/Python, GPU / CUDA, MPI, and OpenGL
- Feedback control
- Geometric mechanics; applications of differential geometry to mechanics
- Dynamical systems
Current personal interests: history, amateur astronomy, Star Trek, DSLR photography, gaming (tabletop and role-playing), programming.
Former personal interests: flying, skydiving, ham radio, trad climbing, alpine skiing.